The popularity of online games is increasing day by day in Indonesia. In addition to being able to play online games from the comfort of their homes, users can also make friends and keep in touch with them. Indeed, the number of internet users who play online games regularly has increased considerably over the past few years.
What Types Of Online Games Are Popular In Indonesia?
The other popular online games in Indonesia are shooters, sports and racing games as well as simulation games (e.g. farming/gardening) and action-adventure games. There are several reasons why these types of online games appeal to so many people:
- It makes them feel like they are part of the game- with this type of game, users can generally choose what they want to do in the game;
- They have a social element – playing online games helps users make friends from different parts of Indonesia;
- Online gaming is a way to relax, which means people don’t have to worry about getting “bored” during their free time because there are always new things happening in the game;
- People use these types of online games as a form of entertainment, which means they don’t need to spend money on going out or paying for cable TV anymore;
- These types of online games provide an alternative for those who cannot afford any other forms of entertainment or who cannot leave their home due to certain circumstances.
Why Is PKV So Popular?
The most popular genre of games in Indonesia is pkv or pay-to-play, and it’s for good reason. First of all, PKV can be played on any device that has internet access and a browser (smartphones, tablets, laptops, desktop PCs). This means you can play it wherever you are at the moment. Secondly, there are no restrictions on PKV games.
Unlike other massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPG), PKVs do not require you to spend your time leveling up or grinding out points in order to advance. PKVs offer everything from strategy games to card games and they can be played with anyone around the world.
How Much Money Does PKV Make In Indonesia?
As of now, the total market in Indonesia for online games is worth IDR 11.4 trillion, which is about US$ 890 million. The total expenditure by gamers on PVP (player vs player) games was around IDR 6 trillion ($483 million).
The Effects Of PKV On Other Industries
The popularity of PKV games has had a significant impact on other industries. One industry that is impacted by the rise in popularity of PKV games is the telecoms industry. The number of internet users in Indonesia who play online games regularly has increased considerably over the past few years.